The Library will be closed on Monday, October 9th for a Staff Development Day.
Keep up-to-date with your library account activity on your mobile phone via text message. This service is provided by Shoutbomb. Please note that while the Library does not charge a fee to use the Shoutbomb service, your mobile phone service plan standard text messaging rates apply.
With the Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to:
You will complete the entire sign up process with text messages.
1. Open your Messaging app and create a new text message to 844-225-9458
2. Add the following to the message: SIGNUP+PatronBarcode+Pin
- Note: PatronBarcode is your library card # starting with D.
- Note: Pin is your password used to log into RSAcat.
- Example sign up message: SIGNUP+D08675309+1234
3. Send the message.
4. You may recieve one or more texts asking you to confirm your signup request.
5. Add 844-225-9458 to your contact list as Shoutbomb or Library Texts so you recognize the messages in the future.
Alternatively, you can just text SIGNUP to the number above and Shoutbomb will send additional texts for your card # and PIN to finish the signup process.
Below are commands to help you get started using the Shoutbomb service.
You can text these commands to email@example.com; follow any instructions that are texted back to you:
- ADDCARD Register an additional Library card for text messages on your phone.
- - To save a few text messages you can text ADDCARD+NewCard#+NewCardPin No spaces and include the + signs.
- DROPCARD Cancel text notices for a card added with ADDCARD.
- - To save a few text messages you can text DROPCARD+Card#+CardPin No spaces and include the + signs.
- ZIPCODE ##### (Substitute your 5-digit zip code for #####.) Add your zip code to match your phone with your home library. For future features.
- IOWEU Returns information about your current fee amount. If you have multiple cards registered, you will receive information about each card.
- TEST Test your connection to Shoutbomb.
- HELP Get information about all Shoutbomb commands.
- RESEND Get the last message from Shoutbomb again.
- SWITCHPHONE Allows you to update your account with a new phone number or carrier.
- MYBOOKS Sends a snapshot of the status of all your library items including outstanding holds.
- QUIT Delete your mobile device from the Shoutbomb notice service.
- - To save a few text messages you can text QUIT+Card#+CardPin No spaces and include the + signs.
Your account notices will prompt you to respond with optional commands, including:
- HL Get a list of holds that are ready for pickup. (Holds notice.)
- RL Get a list of items you can renew. (Courtesy notice.)
- RA Renew all eligible items. (Courtesy notice.)
- OL Get a list of overdue items. (Overdue notice.)
To view and change your Shoutbomb message settings, text these commands:
- NOTICES See your current on/off status for each type of notice. Do this first!
- HOLDS Toggles your holds notices off/on.
- RENEW Toggles your courtesy notices (about items that are due soon) off/on.
- OVERDUE Toggles your overdue notices off/on.
- FEES Toggles your notices about fines and fees off/on.